The State of Washington and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security have identified Physical Therapy Clinics as essential businesses during the COVID-19 response:
"STAY HOME - STAY SAFE" DIRECTIVE.
Here is a list of actions we are taking to make sure our patients and staff are safe and protected when they come into our clinic:
- We are following CDC regulations for cleaning and sanitation.
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation has been installed in our HVAC system to provide a safe environment.
- We are keeping appropriate social distance, utilizing private treatment rooms when appropriate, and practicing strategic scheduling.
- We use arrival screenings to determine whether it is safe to treat in the clinic.
- To avoid congestion in our waiting area we ask that all non-patients wait in their car during your visit. This includes children, spouses, and caregivers.
- During operating hours all employees will be wearing masks per new CDC recommendations.
- We are asking ALL patients to wear masks while in the clinic setting.
- We are also now offering Telehealth visits. Many insurances are allowing physical therapists to deliver telehealth. This program allows us to communicate via your phone or computer to facilitate your recovery.
If you are not sure if you should come in for an appointment, please call us at 360 424 5215
The Staff at Valley Rehab
We understand that physical and hand therapy does not stop during times of global crisis. We are here for our patients, and are now providing Telehealth as an alternative to in-person treatment.
Telehealth physical and hand therapy are services that are provided over a technology platform such as desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Some refer to telehealth, telerehab, teletherapy or virtual therapy.
- Telehealth visits require an audio-video chat on a device equipped with a camera such as a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. We are currently conducting virtual visits using a product called Zoom. If you're using a smartphone you will need to download the app prior to your visit.
- Access to the internet
- Download the Zoom app (Android or iOS) on the phone you intend to use for the visit.
- You will receive a Zoom video session request via text. Click the link. If asked, allow video and audio permissions. You will then be directed to the meeting and you should see your therapist on the screen.
- You will need to connect Audio to be able to speak to your therapist. For Andriod users click "Join Audio" and then "Call to Join Audio". For iPhone users click "Join with Video", and then click "Call Using Internet Audio"
- Ensure that you have ample space to complete your virtual visit. Your therapist will ask you to perform specific movements and or ask you to demonstrate your exercise program during your virtual session.
- Choose a location where you will be comfortable sharing health information with your therapist.
- Finding a location that has good lighting will aide in the therapist's assessment and treatment.
- Wear snug comfortable clothing that allows you to freely move. This allows your therapist to better assess how your body moves and aids in the proper intervention.